Inspired by classic games like TV Sports Football, Front Page Sports Football, and Fairway Solitaire, Gridiron Solitaire combines football strategy with a solitaire-style card game for a new sports game experience. Lead your team to the Gridiron Bowl Championship!
- A game world with almost unlimited depth. Create a 16 team, fully customizable league, then play for up to 30 seasons. Each league evolves differently over time.
- Guide your team through a 15 game regular season + playoffs. Before each game, choose to play or sim ahead to the next week.
- Enjoy the drama of professional football in an intense, 20-minute package. Unique gameplay combines football strategy with card play, and includes thousands of possible text events to influence the action.
- Behind the scenes is a quality sim. Real NFL data is used for CPU playcalling, field goal and punt distance/accuracy, and simmed stats/scores.
- Team ratings matter, both in simmed and played games, and a team’s personality reflects its ratings.
- Experience roaring crowds and dynamic sounds in a true football atmosphere. 8 hand-crafted stadiums create a vibrant and colorful game world.
- Detailed weather database has custom weather profiles for hundreds of American and Canadian cities. Rain/snow are possible, and both affect gameplay.
- After each game you play, see a customized newspaper headline based on your performance.
- Offseason mini-game gives you a chance to improve your team’s ratings, and team ratings matter in every aspect of the game.
- Multiple difficulty levels let you tailor your experience from casual to the ultimate challenge.
Most importantly, nothing in the game is pre-determined. The AI is entirely honest. Every event and outcome is a combination of team ratings, probabilities, and random number generation. The AI is smart, and you will be challenged!
Because of the unique nature of the game engine, each game you play is going to be different. Every momentum swing that exists in real sports is in Gridiron Solitaire. There is no single optimized strategy, because each game is unique, and you will face decisions in each game that test your intelligence, flexibility, and resolve.